Wednesday 3 September 2014

Columbia Road Flower Market

Just around the corner from 'The Corner shop' which I featured in my last post is Columbia Road which is home to a Sunday flower market. Here you can buy anything from bedding plants to trees!


There are lots of freshly cut flower stalls  with the stall holders trying to shout out their prices over the noise of the busy market.














Be prepared for the crowds though. It is one of the busiest of the Sunday markets.

And when you've had enough there is a wonderful bakery just around the corner selling the most unique cakes and pastries.







Or just sit down and listen to one of the entertainers.

12 comments:

  1. I just went to a flower shop to buy some pansies and heather to brighten my front porch! I love your pictures and it could have been me there if I were a Brit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good selection of plants and flowers at this market. I love the sunflowers and hydrangeas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in awe of the hydrangeas. Blue is the colour I like. While they grow well here with early morning sun, that can very easily get burnt on hot day, and so endeth the pretty flowers until next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh --I would love that place. You know how much I love flowers... SO--I'm sure I'd want to go home with lots of new ones (which we don't have any place to put now--unless they are shade lover flowers)......But--except for the crowds, I'd really enjoy that place.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, beautiful flowers, I love sunflowers which symbolize late summer and early autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just been through the posts that I have missed. The corner shop was a unique idea. I was interested in the ham stead shots as that is where our daughter lived for 7 years and we visited her a few times. My Sister in law lives on Finchley Rd. The flower market looks wonderful but I'm not fussed on crowds. The bakery sounds like a good way to finish the market visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet way to spend time...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely be willing to fight the crowds for a bunch of those hydrangeas.. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fresh flowers. I would probably be there very Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love the vibrant blue, mauve & purple hydrangeas! Happy weekend to you

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for reading my blog. I would love to read your comments.